Doctor of Chinese Medicine, Registered Acupuncturist
Andrea Murphy (Dip Acu)
Andrea Murphy is a registered Acupuncturist and member of the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA). She received her training in Victoria, Canada at Pacific Rim College on beautiful Vancouver Island. In 2016 she moved to Melbourne with her partner and her dog and continued to pursue a career in Chinese Medicine.
Andrea was first introduced to Acupuncture when participating in a yoga teacher training program. She was impressed by its effectiveness in resolving nagging past injuries that had surfaced during her yoga practice. During a trip to India, she learned more about eastern medicine and decided to dedicate further study to acupuncture. Upon returning to Victoria, Andrea attended Pacific Rim College where she graduated from the Diploma of Acupuncture program.
She believes working with patients to achieve a positive healing outcome is the key to long-lasting health. She achieves this by integrating all aspects of lifestyle into her treatment plans, addressing fundamental influences such as diet, stress management, sleep and exercise to create a portrait of holistic wellness for every client.
Andrea is our amazing Cosmetic acupuncturist too – read all about it here http://www.morningtonchinesemedicine.com.au/cosmetic-acupuncture/
“My areas of interest are boundless at this point in my career. I’m open and interested in learning from every patient in my care and every practitioner I come in contact with. No knowledge is never wasted.”
- Chinese Manipulative Therapies: Tui na, cupping, gua sha
- Chinese Dietary Therapy
- Facial Acupuncture with Vivian Tan, Melbourne
- Muscle Energy Technique and Traditional Acupuncture with Peter Ferrigno, Melbourne
- National Acupuncture Detox Association training at Pacific Rim College, Victoria BC
- Pulse Diagnosis workshop with Brant Stickley, Victoria BC
- Diploma Professional Counselling
- 3 month intensive yoga practice at the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute in Mysore, India
- CMBA: Chinese Medicine Board of Australia
- AACMA: Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Association
- CTCMA: Canadian Traditional Chinese Medicine Association